How to choose the best circuit protection device?
- Release on :2017-12-21
With the development of science and technology, electric power / electronic products are becoming more and more diverse and complex. The physical size of circuit structure and electronic products is getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, it is more important to design circuit protection at the early stage of design. The selection of circuit protection and electronic protection devices may not seem to be highly prioritized, but they should be designed at the early stage to eliminate design problems and ensure the performance and reliability of your products. Chip Electronics Stores was founded in 2003, specializing in electronic components distribution. We can provide you with Electronic Components Distributor.
The circuit protection is the main protection in electronic circuit components subjected to overvoltage and overcurrent, surge, electromagnetic interference is not damaged, the circuit protection device is to provide protection for the circuit and chip products, to ensure that in the case of abnormal circuit, circuit protection chip components are not damaged, precision. Overvoltage, overcurrent, surge, electromagnetic interference, electrostatic discharge protection circuit has been the focus, therefore, the mainstream of circuit protection devices in the market but also to the lightning protection / overvoltage / overcurrent / ESD protection device etc, there is a common gas discharge tube, solid discharge tube, transient inhibition diode, varistors, self recovery fuse and ESD static diode etc.. How do engineers choose the best circuit protection devices when they are selected?
1. you want to know what you want to prevent the damage, when many design engineers to socay electronics consulting related surge protection devices, but they do not know what to avoid causing damage, therefore, the first thing you must do is determined to prevent direct lightning, two impact (such as the IEC61000-4-5 standard description), or electrostatic discharge (such as the IEC61000-4-2 standard). Once you have made a decision, you can choose the right circuit protection device. Chip Electronics Stores has a wide unobstructed Switches parts wholesales china.
2. decide what results you want when the failure occurs. For example, you want to be able to tolerate faults in operation, and during and in the event of a failure to keep operation; only when it is turned off before fault tolerance, then the next time the device when power into operation; or to provide protection to the safety device failure, and does not require operation after the failure of the end? The circuit protection device you choose depends on the answers to these problems.
3. for what is normal or abnormal operation, we need to make a reasonable assumption. For example, you cannot choose an over current protection device under 6A, and expect your design to operate normally under 5.99999A, which doesn't have enough margin. If your design consumes 6A current in normal operation, you must select an over current protection device operated by 8A or higher current, PTC self recovery fuse. Moreover, you must know the maximum working voltage, the highest ambient temperature, and the fault voltage, the fault current and the duration of failure, so as to make the right choice.
4. we must make sure that no protection can be achieved 100%. If you design and protect a specific event, there may always be some more serious incidents. For example, the hazards described by telecommunication and lightning regulations are much more than direct lightning strikes. It is possible to protect products from direct lightning damage, but this is expensive.
5. we must plan the circuit protection plan at the beginning of the design. Although the circuit protection device is much smaller than the past, but after PCB design is completed, if there is not enough space, it will not be possible to add circuit protection devices.
With the development of science and technology, electric power / electronic products are becoming more and more diverse and complex. The physical size of circuit structure and electronic products is getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, it is more important to design circuit protection at the early stage of design. The selection of circuit protection and electronic protection devices may not seem to be highly prioritized, but they should be designed at the early stage to eliminate design problems and ensure the performance and reliability of your products.
If you want to get more information, please click Electronic Components Distributor china.